Instamojo helps you collect payments online. It is one of the simplest payment solution platforms in India.
And, one of the biggest reasons for its success is the fact that you don’t even need a website to start collecting payments online. You can generate payment links through Instamojo and sell things through your social media accounts too. And, if you have a fully functioning website, and an online store, all you need to do is add products on Instamojo, copy the embed link and use it on your site to initiate payments.
In this article, I’ll walk you through a step-by-step process on how you can add a product on Instamojo and embed payment codes on your website.
Adding a Product
Login to your Instamojo account, or sign up if it is your first time. Creating an account is very easy. You just have to enter your personal contact details, your business name, your PAN details and the Bank Account details through which you want to collect your payments.
Once you’re logged in, click on ‘Add Product’.
Now choose the type of the product that you’re want to sell. You could be selling a physical product, a digital product, tickets to an event or some other category of products.
Simply click on the relevant tab.
Once you’ve selected the product type, enter the product information.
- The product title
- A brief product description
- Shipping details (for physical products)
- Upload the file that you’re selling (for digital products)
- Event start and end date and time, venue of the event (for event tickets)
- Price of the product
Upload the product image (preferably 312×224 pixels)
Instamojo allows you to customize your after-sale settings. If you want to redirect your customers to one of your landing pages after they’ve purchased your product or send them a personalized message in the confirmation email, you can do so with the help of ‘Advanced Settings’.
- Click on Advanced Settings.
- Enter the URL of the page where you want your customers to be redirected once the payment is successfully done.
- Enter the message that you want to be included in the purchase email receipt.
- Enter the quantity available.
- Enter the Webhook URL where you’d want all the sales information to go.
If you want to control the SEO for your payment link, you can optimize your link with the ‘SEO Options’. You can add a title, description, and keyword to make your payment link more SEO friendly.
Once you’ve entered all the product details and done the essential settings, click on ‘Add Product to Store’.
After adding the product to the store, you will be led to a preview of your product like it would appear to your customers while making payments.
How to Embed Payment Code to Your Website:
The best part about creating a payment link through Instamojo is that it allows you to embed the payment code on your website. So, your customer can directly pay on your website by clicking on a button. They won’t be redirected to a third-party site to complete the payment. This is great because it means faster transactions, and more customer satisfaction.
On your dashboard, click on ‘Products and Store’.
Click on the arrow next to your product. Once the options appear, click on ‘Embed Button’.
Now, copy the code that appears on your screen and paste it on your website.
You can customize the button style and behavior as you’d like it to appear.
- Select the button style from the options available.
- Select the button text according to your call-to-action.
- Choose whether you want the customer to be directed to Instamojo for the payment or whether the payment is to be done on your website.
Adding a payment gateway is now very easy with instamojo.