Home Fitness Tips in Times of COVID-19
Since the coronavirus pandemic began, movements in most countries around the world have been imposing restrictions. While some countries are in partial lockdown, others are in total and mandatory lockdown. Whatever the strategy your country is deploying, any partial or total lockdown ensures that you do not have access to the gym and your trainer.
While this may not be a big issue for some people, having the discipline to work out at home consistently doesn’t come naturally to others. In addition to being disciplined, staying fit amidst distractions from the kids or other members of the family may see a lot of people relax their workout routines until after the lockdown. This implies that most people will not be as fit after the lockdown finally ends.
In this post, we’ll give you a few fitness tips that will help you stay fit at home amidst the COVID-19 lockdown.
Composition of an Effective Fitness Session
To get your desired fitness result, your fitness program must comprise of the following elements:
- Warm-Up: This involves anything that helps increase your heart rate like walking, running, etc. You may also prefer to jump rope or perform step aerobics.
- Cardiovascular Exercises: These help in lowering your heart rate. It is often performed at the end of your routine to help bring your heart rate to a resting state.
- Strength Building Workout: Sometimes referred to as resistance exercises. These involve performing workouts that build your strength like lifting small dumbbells or bands. You can also perform squat routines to help increase the resistance of the lower parts of your body.
- Flexibility Routines: These routines involve stretching exercise and yoga postures. They focus on improving your flexibility and reducing the risk of injury from other exercises.
Tips to Staying Fit at Home Despite COVID-19 Lockdown
Here are a few suggestions from fitness experts that will help you stay fit at home:
- Go the Extra Mile: One of the greatest challenges you will help during this period is avoiding boredom. You have to develop the discipline to challenge yourself. You most likely will not have access to normal gym equipment. You should check online for workout routines that require none of this equipment and perform them correctly. You should use pictorial guides as they will help keep you in check.
You should avoid taking the easier route as these routines are designed to target specific muscles and parts of your body. Hence, taking the easier route will reduce the efficacy of the routine. This will increase the time it will take to achieve your fitness goal. In some cases, you may not even attain those goals if the routines are not performed perfectly.
- Get a Partner: While this may be challenging for you if you stay alone, you can take advantage of the internet. Several apps allow you to make free video calls. Hence, you can get in touch with a friend to perform your workout routines together. Nowadays, there are many fitness communities that you can pay a token amount to be part of. Once you are part of the community, you can work out with the people in your community.
If you stay with family or friends, try to convince a friend to work out with you. This will ensure you stay motivated. It is easier to achieve your fitness goals when you’re in a group than as an individual. There are more amazing fitness options from Steroidfax and around the web.
- Develop a Workout Schedule: Avoid thinking that the best time to work out is the time that you are less busy. Develop a plan that clears other activities and gives you a set time to exercise. This will ensure that you work out at a consistent time. It is recommended that you work out either in the early hours of the morning when you have little distractions or in the evening after the day’s work.
Sometimes you may have to reschedule because of impromptu events. However, ensure that you do just that. Avoid the temptation to skip your workout schedule because something came up. Instead of skipping, try rescheduling and do your best to stick by it.
- Build Your Fitness Goal: Your fitness goal is like a compass that guides you to the place you want to be when it comes to staying fit. This involves determining why you need to stay fit and what you part of your body you intend building. This goal will help you determine the best routines that will efficiently guide you towards what you desire. Your fitness goal should also contain fitness milestones. For instance, if your goal is to weigh 80kg in 6 months and you currently weigh 140kg, your milestone will be losing 10kg every month. This will give you the means to measure your progress and motivate you to keep pushing yourself.
- Do Not Forget Sleep and Diet: Make up your mind to have quality sleep every day. This involves sleeping for 7 to 8 hours. You should also avoid the temptation to eat an unhealthy diet. A good healthy diet plan is crucial to staying fit. You will also need to stay hydrated for your body to stay fit. Hence, instead of drinking soda, try taking more water. In addition to avoiding an unhealthy diet, make sure that your meals have all the nutrients your body needs. A good fitness app will have a healthy diet plan that will help steer you towards achieving your fitness goals.
- Create a Reward System: One way to stay motivated is by rewarding yourself after every milestone. While you can’t go out anywhere during this COVID-19 crisis, you can decide to rent your favorite movie or make that awesome family recipe you had a while back. The goal here is to give yourself something to look forward to. This simple act will keep you going when the going gets tough.
In conclusion, although staying fit at home in the time of COVID-19 can be challenging, it doesn’t have to be impossible. The fitness tips above will help you maintain your fitness if you follow them religiously.