Personal branding is not just a buzz word anymore. It’s a necessity.
Differentiating yourself from everyone else who provides similar services is a need more than a want.
Receive 7-Day Free Sales eCourse by email
In my personal branding workshops, the most common question I get is – why should I invest in personal branding? Why not in product branding?
Let me prove the power of personal branding with these statistics.
Individual vs Company Messages
- Only 33% of buyers trust messages from a company while almost 90% of customers trust recommendations from someone they know. (Nielson)
- 77% of all discussions on social media are folks seeking advice, information, or help. This is much easier to answer and interact as an individual as opposed to a company. (Mention)
- Ninety-two percent of people trust recommendations from individuals (even if they don’t know them) over companies.
- 561% more reach when employees share brand messages.
- Messages by employees are reshared 24 times more frequently than when shared by companies.
- Employees on average have 10x more followers than a brand.
- Companies with engaged employees outperform their unengaged peers by 202%.
Something CEOs and top leaders should ponder about
- 82% of people are more likely to trust a company when their senior executives are active on social media.
- 77% of consumers are more likely to buy when the CEO of the business uses social media.
Personal Branding in Sales and Marketing
- 89% of B2B marketers think that brand awareness should be the most important goal. One of the ways to achieve this is to invest in brand continuity.
- Leads generated by employees through social media activities are 7x more likely to convert than other leads (Source: IBM).
- Sales reps who use social media in their sales process outperform 78 percent of their peers.
- 75% of people are willing to spend additional travel time to deal with a great salesperson. (Source: AutoTrader)
- 53% percent of vendors have lost orders based on information found or not found about them online. (Source: Kredible)
- 87% business executives rate reputation damage as more important or as important as any other strategic issue.
- Companies that invested in personal branding initiatives of their employees found that employees were 27% more hopeful about their company, 20% more likely to stay, and 40% more likely to believe in the competitiveness of their employer.
- 95% of recruiters think that the job market is going to get more competitive, and job seekers that stand out are likely to benefit.
- 90% of recruiters said they conducted online research on potential candidates.
- 78% of recruiters say they find their best quality candidates through referrals. (Source)
Personal branding is more important today than ever before. It helps you convert more leads into sales, retain and attract quality talent or a person with a genius brain, increase your reputation so more people would want to do business with you, charge a premium for your services, and stand out in this competitive marketplace.
Personal Branding: Elements of An Attractive Personality
Myths and Misconceptions About Personal Branding